Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Little Derby Gurl That Could

So I started this misadventure with not so many skills but with the heart of a roller derby vixen. As I squatted into derby position I could barely keep my shaky legs upright hold my exhausted pilsbury figure up. Over the last few weeks I have been working on increasing my skills, and must say after my practice last night feel very accomplished! Those who know me know that fear never really is used as an adjective to describe anything having to do with me, which I have learned is a very high priority on ones personal qualities when it comes to the craziess of derby. Last night I had the pleasure of skating with some girls that challenged me....and I can't be happier about it. I was low chick on the skill scale but want to say the passion I had pumping through my racing heart threw me off the scale. I had the disadvantage of having a horrendous headache causing vomit and dizziness, but the unrational part of my pea brain said, "Don't be a pussy because you have one, get up there and skate!" That my friends is what I did!!
I have to say derby has not become a hobby of mine but a poison flowing through my veins, causing moments of euphoria that is orgasmic. The beginning of this journey was filled with doubt....doubt on my ability....this has changed into deterination! I know that one day I will race around that track taking all out who get in the way of my teams win!! Ruby Dread is a force to fear because pure passion my friends conquers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment